Sunday, August 23, 2009

10 Famous Yambar Quotes

!) "I just can't compare myself to mere mortals. It's just not fair." (After painting 85 Popeye portraits in 3 days. Not kidding.)

2) "I think that everyone should be entitled to my opinion." (After saying that The Watchmen and Julie & Julia were the best movies of 2009.)

3) "I don't think that we should have to pay for our dinners with money. I'm going to make them take comic books." (And he did! He actually paid for 3 oriental buffets in North Carolina using signed comics as cash. The cook was super happy that he did. Witnessed by George Broderick Jr. and Mike Bocianowski who ate that day for free.)

4) "When I die they will find me penniless and poor lying in the fetal position on a urine stained cot in the Youngstown Rescue Mission with a cut out of the She Hulk under my pillow." (Famously told to all who know him.)

5) "I swear too damn much." (Actually said from the pulpit during a church service.)

6) "Good art is good worship."

7) "That fart was so loud three gay guys just got excited."

8) "When I paint, it's like using Easter colors during a Mexican Fiesta on the 4th of July. Retinal burn is everything."

9) "Who on earth wants to buy a painting that matches the couch?"

10) "Hey, everybody! Let's race!" (Spoken loudly in a high class city bathroom filled with business men sitting in metal stalls trying to crap without making any rude noises. Guess what happened next?!)

1 comment: